The Planted Side Mount is an “L” shaped bracket used to install side-mounted seats. These side mounts are made from 1/4 inch thick aluminium that weighs approximately 3.5lbs and is powder coated. The Planted side mounts will fit most side-mounted seats and have been tested on Brands such as Bride, Corbeau, Cobra, Momo, NRG, OMP, Ractech, Recaro, Sabelt, Sparco, Status Racing, and Takata; other brands may be compatible with these side mounts despite not being tested. The side mounts are designed to bolt directly to sliders but have multiple slots for increased accessibility when directly mounting (without sliders).
90 Degree vs Offset Side Mounts
- Planted offers two types of side mounts; 90-degree and Offset. Both are available in Aluminium or Steel.
- The most common type of side mount is the 90-degree. These should be used when the width of the sliders is narrower than the width of the seat so the sliders sit under the seat.
- Offset Side Mounts are less commonly used side mounts and should be used when the width of the sliders is equal to or more than the width of the seat.
- Either of these side mounts can be used when directly mounting without sliders. We recommend using 90-degree side mounts though because the overall assembly is narrower allowing for more side-to-side accessibility.
- FIA Compliant
- Tested on multiple popular side-mounted seat brands
- Multiple slots for accessibility
Pricing: The pricing is for one pair of Planted Aluminium Offset Universal Side Mounts (sold in pairs; left and right)