The W1i Tillett car seat is extremely narrow yet it can still accommodate a majority of drivers. You have the choice to order a 40 or 42 cm front. The two specifications remain the same size internally, the 40 cm version is made to allow fitment between the gearbox tunnel and the door sill. A 40 cm front will fit a Caterham, Westfield and most other similar vehicles. With the 42 cm version the rolled edge is left on giving a more aesthetically pleasing line to the edge of the seat, therefore if you have the room go for this model.
- The W1K carbon/Kevlar version is only 1.1 kg.
- The handmade W1 cannot be ordered with a composite back frame.
- The W1k can also be ordered with or without covering. A half covered example is ideal for open top cars.
- Seat belt harness holes are included.
- This W1 shape is the seat most suited to Formula Student University projects.