The GP Race R7 Waterproof FIA Bucket seat is a new and revolutionary racing seat manufactured from fiberglass produced with an advanced new moulding technique in the motorsport market. This makes it the lightest fibreglass bucket seat ever approved by the FIA. Its shell is a combination of the latest generation of fibreglass and the specialist vacuum molding manufacturing process allows GP Race to manufacture this seat to be as light and resistant a seat as an equivelant Cabon or Kevlar seat.
Designed with you in mind, the seat features 5 wider harness slots, especially designed to enhance comfort with your HANS system.
Vacuum molding of fibreglass is lauded as a "small revolution in the manufacturing industry of racing seats" by Marc Labarta, the GP Race CEO. "This enables us to lighten the seat shell by over 40% while increasing its stiffness. It will complete directly with Carbon or Kevlar seats and it will eliminate the frustration of amateur pilots who don't necessarily have a £2000 budget to invest in a seat, that will even the odds.
This unique model has an advanced cover, manufactured from waterproof fabric.
- 2016 FIA Approved – 8855-1999
- Built in padded, thin and stylish head restraint to provide increased lateral support and extra head protection with better lateral vision and an optimal safety.
- Lightweight fibreglass shell, gel coat finish in various colours.
- Honey comb sandwich construction to enhance stifness of the shell.
- Stiffer shell than traditional seats thanks to honey comb construction to enable optimum car set-up.
- HANS® Compatible, 5 harness slots.
- Removable Cushions and side mounted.
- New white gel coat finish, also available in standard black or red.
Weight: Total weight with cover and tooling: 6.9Kg (F.I.A. shell approved weight: 5.5Kg).
Pricing: Product pricing is for a single GP Race R7 Waterproof Fibreglass FIA Bucket Seat
FIA Approved: The GP Race R7 Waterproof Fibreglass FIA Bucket Seat is FIA approved for 5 years from purchase. More details about FIA approved bucket seats can be found following this link.