The GP Race R7 Ultralight FIA Bucket seat is a new and revolutionary racing seat, made in fiberglass with a new molding process unique in the motorsport market. This makes it the lightest FIA, Fibreglass, bucket seat ever approved by the FIA. It's shell is a combination of the latest generation of fibreglass and the specialist vacuum molding manufacturing process allows GP Race to manufacture this seat to be as light and resistant a seat as an equivelant Cabon or Kevlar seat.
Designed with you in mind, the seat is designed with 5 wider harness slots, especially designed to enhance comfort with your HANS system.
Vacuum molding of fibreglass is lauded as a "small revolution in the manufacturing industry of racing seats" by Marc Labarta, the GP Race CEO. "This enables us to lighten the seat shell by over 40% while increasing its stiffness. It will complete directly with Carbon or Kevlar seats and it will eliminate the frustration of amateur pilots who don't necessarily have a €2000 budget to invest in a seat, that will even the odds.
- 2016 FIA Approved – 8855-199
- Built in padded, thin and stylish head restraint to provide increased lateral support and extra head protection with better lateral vision and an optimal safety.
- Lightweight fibreglass shell, gel coat finish in various colours.
- Honey comb sandwich construction to enhance stifness of the shell.
- Stiffer shell than traditional seats thanks to honey comb construction to enable optimum car set-up.
- HANS® Compatible, 5 harness slots.
- Removable Cushions and side mounted.
- New white gel coat finish, also available in standard black or red.
Weight: Total weight with cover and tooling: 6.9Kg (F.I.A. shell approved weight: 5.5Kg).
Pricing: Product pricing is for a single GP Race R7 Ultra Lightweight Fibreglass FIA Bucket Seat
FIA Approved: The GP Race R7 Ultra Lightweight Fibreglass FIA Bucket Seat is FIA approved for 5 years from purchase. More details about FIA approved bucket seats can be found following this link.